Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Night at the Opera

Rach's Dad and his girlfriend (Carleena) came to stay for the weekend. We thought it would be a good opportunity to catch a show at the Opera House. We went and saw a show called VAMP! It was a one woman show, with Meow Meow playing Vamp, and supported by a jazz/rag band.

Now would be the bit where I tell you what it is all about. However, I have no idea. It was based on some of the works/thoughts/stories of Oscar Wilde. So it had a Femme Fatale character who swung from the ceiling and danced around in various states of undress, and that was about it really...

It was good, donlt get me wrong. Meow Meow (stupid name if you ask me) was certainly talented and good at what she did and the audience were certianly engaged. Although Rach's dad and Carleena did fall asleep part way through.

Would I go again? To the Opera House - yes. To see Meow Meow - probably not.

No comments: