Monday, July 30, 2007

Stu, Kate and Al's Leaving and a goodbye to the mighty 'diff- 21st July 2007

Stu is off to Melbourne to do contaminy type stuff with Golders, Kate is coming to Akld to make people better and Al is off to Alaska to top up her tan. No wait thats wrong, get frost bite doing more contaminy type stuff.

The classic Miss Thomas pose

To celebrate the off a small gathering was had at O'Neills in Cardiff. I was fortunate enough to attend having extended my stay in UK. There was booze and boogying and the three couldn't possibly leave without the traditional dirty pint.... Nothing to do with me I promise!

It was touch and go as to whether I would get there though. Flood mayhem had gripped the south west of the UK. The M5 was flooded and I reckon I made it through with 20 minutes to spare before it was inpassable. And the M50, I could have actually paddled down it!!!! It took me just shy of 5 hours to get from my good friends Matt and Kates house in Brum to Cardiff. It is normally easily doable in 2 hours. Anyway...

Back to the dirty pint topic, it needs to be noted and put on record that Stu was beaten by his Mrs (Kate) - hahahaha, will he ever live it down I wonder? Saying that though Kate was passed out on the table at the end of the night and Stu was still standing!!! Following O'Neills we headed to Lloyds bar.

Stu and his magic flaming beard

It was to be my last big night in the UK for a while too. Although thankfully I had already had my goodbye filth two years previous. It was a fine way to see them off, especially Stu and Al who, over my Cardiff career I have shared houses with. An experience Al will forever have etched (burned) in her memory i'm sure - haha.

I think a good night was had by all, and for me it was almost perfect. I heard on the radio once that those that don't love Cardiff have never been. Too true innit butt. Fablass. It was with a lump in the throat and a tear in the eye that I drove through Cathays and onto the A48 and headed north.


In the words of Arnie - I'll be back. When though - thats the question...

No comments: